Kamba ya Mnazi - Coconut Prawns
A simple and delicious way to serve prawns.
INGREDIENTS: (serves four)
• one fresh (fleshy) coconut
• one and a half cups unpeeled prawns
• quarter of a cup chopped onions
• half of a cup sliced mushrooms
• 150 gms. tomatoes, seeded and chopped
• quarter of a cup soy sauce
• quarter of a cup white wine
• salt and pepper
• two tablespoons each oil and butter
1. Split the coconut in half and remove the meat. Cut it into small strips.
2. Place strips in hot oil and butter and saute until golden brown.
3. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Peel and wash the prawns. Saute with chopped onions for three to four minutes.
5. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for five minutes.
Season and serve.