So our target is not just your expectations;
We exceed them!!
Menengai Holidays Limited is a leading tour and safari-operating company with a head office in Nairobi, Kenya. We are proudly indigenous owned and managed, and we are confidently setting pace in professional safari packaging and service delivery.
We offer a wide range of safari and holiday services to suit diverse travel needs in East Africa by organising and designing customised packages for our clients banking on our intimate knowledge of the country, national parks, geography and the people. We enrich our services with utmost creativity, professional flare and social warmth to make your safari with us truly memorable.
We champion knowledge based tourism to ensure our customers learn about our culture, our history, wildlife and general environment, hence making tourism more rewarding and exciting. Our safari portfolio range from wildlife and scenery viewing, bird watching, walking and cycling safaris to mountain climbing, study tours and honeymoon packages.
Through us you get to know East Africa better; for we not only know the conventional attractions but much more. We study your needs and work with you to arrive at best safari package because we don’t believe in mass tourism. In the process, we empower you to make decisions about your own holiday needs and experience. So our target is not just your expectations; we exceed them!!
Our guiding values include:
- Upholding ideals of ecotourism which honours, respects and supports our ecosystems, our cultures and econo-political aspirations as a country;
- Championing high standards in travel and safari packaging; we promote professional, ethical and human integrity in all our services;
- Developing tourism beyond its business value; as a primary force in promoting peace and prosperity for humankind.
That is what inspires our mission that:
“We shall always aspire to make travelling a rewarding investment by championing professionalism, knowledge and integrity in all our services.”
And we do everything possible to ensure this mission is shared practically with our clients, friends and business associates. That is how in the last 5 years of our operations, we have made a name as a dynamic, professional and positively ambitious tour company.
It is our practical believe that tourism can only subsist on environmental, social and economic integrity of the people. Hence in the spirit of developing tourism beyond its business value, we are also implementing practical projects to support environment and social economic growth of marginal communities where tourism thrives.
These projects include:
- Across Kerio Cycling Tour – this is a cycling rally which we have individually conceived and on which we are working with Ministry of Tourism and other stakeholders to implement from this year. The 2-day rally will take place every year crossing Kerio Valley, (one of the most fascinating landscapes in Kenya) and Lake Bogoria Nature Reserve. The objectives of the annual event is to raise public awareness on the plights of the Rift Valley Lakes and raise funds for conservation;
- We have teamed up with scholars from Moi University’s departments of Wildlife and Environmental Studies to found an environmental watchdog: Heritage Institute of Environment and Development which is already registered by the government. Through this we shall raise funds for environmental advocacy and research mainly in the Rift Valley.
Through these two projects Menengai Holidays joins the list of “socially responsible” tour operators in the region who have practical concern for conservation and eco-tourism. Participation in all these is welcome.
We also work very closely and support through corporate or individual membership the following institutions:
- East African Wildlife Society;
- Nature Kenya;
- Ecotourism Kenya;
- Friends of Nairobi National Park;
- Friends of Lake Nakuru and Elementaita.
And, finally, we are very proud members of KENYA ASSOCIATION OF TOUR OPERATORS, KATO (www.katokenya.org)
First Floor, Duplex Apartments, No. 40;
Bunyala/Lower Hill Road, Upper Hill;
PO Box 7935 - 00300 Nairobi, Kenya;
Tel No: 254 – 020- 2733702/2725021
Fax No: 254 – 020 – 2711371
Cell: 0720 – 950 – 500