Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
What's the latest you'd book Kenya for early Sept 2010?

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum General Information General Topics What's the latest you'd book Kenya for early Sept 2010?

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

What's the latest you'd book Kenya for early Sept 2010?

Link to this post 23 Oct 09

Staying in lodges only, no small tented camps. Thanks.

Atravelynn:

I would say that it would depend entirely on which locations you are going to, the lodge itself and whether or not they have a large number of rooms and also whether or not you've stayed with them before.

If I were going to new places I would definitely book 6 - 8 months in advance at least. However, if it is some place you have stayed before and/or often, you usually don't need to give nearly as much booking time. Since I usually stay in the same places I usually book 2 - 3 months in advance and Southern Cross Safaris has never had a problem getting the booking for me (except in Nairobi hotels).

I don't frequent these places. I was thinking after the new year, hoping for some better deals. That would certainly be in the 6-8 month range.

Thanks.

Atravelynn, there are already specials coming out which last until end of March 2010 for Kenya.
For Taz we have already got specials far into 2010.

The possibility that there are going to be specials for the rest of 2010 incl. peak season is pretty high as safaris are not picking up to earlier volumes - still feeling credit crunch impact.

In 2009 we had specials as well also for peak season (migration).

If I were in your shoes I would wait until 03/2010 and then start shopping around.

Link to this post 24 Oct 09

That would still be about 6 months, waiting until March. That's kind of what I was thinking. Thanks Kipper.

Link to this post 24 Oct 09

Hey, Pippa your a "Dump Truck" LOL!

Lynn twas not I but our friend Pippa with the great information!!

You are here Bush-Talk Forum General Information General Topics What's the latest you'd book Kenya for early Sept 2010?