Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Amboseli & West Kili

Bushdrums.com

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Amboseli & West Kili

Link to this post 09 Mar 09

Jan or others,

What is the most number of nights you\'ve ever spent in Amboseli and what time of year was it? What kinds of activities were you involved in besides traditional game viewing from a vehicle?

Can you reasonably get from West Kili to Amboseli? I suppose one driver takes you to the border and the next one picks you up. Any idea on time or distance?

Thank you

Link to this post 09 Mar 09

atravelynn:

I always stay at Ol Tukai Lodge in Amboseli for a full week. In addition to the game drives twice a day they do have bird walks around the perimeter of the lodge area. There is also a swimming pool in which one can relax. The landscaping itself it done so well I often just walk around taking pictures. I've made friends with some of the employees and enjoy spending time talking with them in addition to visiting their children. They have wildlife movies every other night (often about Echo of the Elephants) and of course, the traditional Maasai Dancers. At some point during my stay I also try to get together with the elephant researchers and get up to date on what has been happening with the Amboseli elephant herds. I plan my trips to occur during the dry season - late January-early February and then again late July - early August. I fly in to Amboseli from Wilson airport. Then when I go to Tsavo East from there I have either taken a charter flight (about 50 minutes) or had my safari company drive me directly (about a five hour drive) through Tsavo West.

I honestly can't tell you about Kili West. I've never been there. My guess would be that your Tanzania safari company could drive you to Namanga. Then if you pre-arranged with Ol Tukai they could probably pick you up in Namanga and drive to Amboseli. However, that is just a guess. I know the lodge drivers go to Namanga several times a week to pick up returning employees from their "off" days, so perhaps that could be arranged.

If you decide this is what you want to do, let me know and I'll send you the email address of the manager who might be able to arrange this for you.

Link to this post 10 Mar 09

Right now I am just at the what if stages. Thank you for the info.

Link to this post 10 Mar 09

To continue off where Jan stopeed - I have stayed on a number of occassions with Ol Tukai and I am sure you will enjoy it.
If you wish to do both countries; I would suggest to ask the operator as there are some drivers now that work in Kenya as well as TZ; as they have passports etc.
A company that can do both is Sopa lodges - which is a chain of lodges in TZ as well as Tanzania.
If you need contacts in TZ - let me know and I can get these for you as well.
Safari in Kenya and TZ is always great - anytime of year; you must go with the idea that if it rains it rains and if there is sun then enjoy that as well as it is all pure nature. Take it as it comes and you will have the best time.