Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Video Equipment question

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum General Information Movies/Videos of East Africa Video Equipment question

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Video Equipment question

Link to this post 29 Apr 08

Ouh, you take Lariam for prophylaxis?? Very strong tobacco!! I used it once for treatment of Malaria Tropica and was wasted from the side effects for 3 months !! Ok, the dosage was extreme - can't remember, 2-3 per day

About the bad behavior video: Also if you know someone who has such footage, I would love to take a look at it.

The trip sounds fantastic. Would love to swap

Link to this post 30 Apr 08

VeeR - Lariam.... who decided to give you that as a fix? Very strong; have you ever had or used it before?
It can create the odd side effect after a few days to you and if you are travelling with a Mrs - could have slightly more side effects to ladies.

You are an Anthony Bourdain watcher? Have you read Kitchen Confidential? If you are / ever was in the catering business - it is a 101% must to read.

Link to this post 30 Apr 08

Hello Nico -

Well this little thread under videos is straying off track a bit - taken on a life of its own. I am the Mrs. and have taken larium twice before. Had one bad night in Namibia - but it might have been the circumstances - traveling alone - hippos in lust next to my tent - witchdoctor freaking me out the day before (culture shock). We took it last year also and didn't suffer any wierdness. Maybe because I can vaguely remember the 60's I just tell myself to 'maintain' and its all good. Today is day two after taking it Monday - so far so good.

Last year some people we met in camp were having a devil of a time with Malarone. Since I already have some stomach issues I don't think malarone is a good choice for me after seeing their problems.

On the camera issue - I used the two night vision settings last night. Super night vision afforded a lot of color in the shots I took - autofocus was a little slower. Regular night vision went to shades of gray.

Carsten about others with bad behavior in Africa stories - we're the only people we know in real life who go to Africa. Most everyone shakes their heads when they hear we're going again. If only they knew....

Link to this post 01 May 08

Sorry about that re the Mrs. No offnce meant at all.

My wife had some side effects with Lariam and I was under the impression that Malarone tops the list as one of the best but I now know that there is a Chinese new brand which is great.
Have never taken anti malaria at all for myself - typical hard headed ex Kenyan.

I have spoken to Carsten this morning in Athens and he will be away from his office and PC for a few days so he may not be able to answer any topics.

Link to this post 02 May 08

Nico:

Just be careful about any Chinese drugs. I don't know if you have been following the problems the U.S. has had with Chinese products but it has been bad news from children's toys loaded with lead paint (deadly to kids), bad pet foods, bad drugs, etc. Apparently China has no quality control to check on these things so you won't really know what you are ingesting.

Link to this post 02 May 08

I was informed about these drugs through a PM of one of our members of Bushdrums who I then later went to meet in Kenya as we were both there at the same time.
I am more for prevention using proper clothing, natural sprays and nets before taking any drugs.