Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Bushdrums.com - Prize

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum Conservation Wildlife Protection Bushdrums.com - Prize

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Bushdrums.com - Prize

Link to this post 29 Aug 07

To be honest, I doubt that a driver/guide cares much for a bumper sticker. Also, the drivers might change cars so we would end up promoting the wrong ones.
Further, I doubt that we know enough guides to make a fair vote. I see it coming that we have 7 members nominating the one driver they know and all 7 drivers will receive one vote each

I believe the camp/lodge should be held responsible for their drivers, hence only receive the nomination if the driver also complies to our rules. To be honest, I doubt the lodges or camps will care much for our sticker either but maybe just a tiny little bit more. Remember, not a single camp or lodge is so far promoting us in any way.

I remind you that we had a similar idea in the past. We were intending to get wood carvings of the bush-drummer done by the colobust trust (of course made of alternative wood). These carvings would then be given to the lodges that we believe worth praising for their effort and complying to our standards. They can put the carving on their reception desk which will draw much more attention than a sticker next to the exhaust-pipe covered in dust and smoke.

The next step would be to let the camps sell these carvings with a part of the money going back to the colobus trust, some to the camp and some to a yet to be nominated organization.

Link to this post 30 Aug 07

Good point Carsten - what do the rest think?
I still want to try and push the boat out and hope for the tide to help move the boat in the correct direction.

Link to this post 30 Aug 07

Carsten is correct, our token of excellence could as well end in the bin.
But we need to push for a better understanding & following of our ethics for the sake of this world. The more we can attract here to bushdrums the greater our chance of progress in that direction & the more members we have the greater the input on our discussions
the more valid our arguments become.
Here at Bushdrums we agree to disagree with respect to the opposing point of view, this is a big plus for us.
A number of sites have members who put down other members points of view as if their view is the only view, it does not happen here. This is the most friendly site I know & our aims are of the best intention.

Our "Prize" would have to be high class to warrant it's display at lodges, I'm out of my league here as others have a far greater knowledge of the hospitality market then myself.
Would a lodge display a bushdrums quality award?
Would a lodge because of that award keep to ethical standards?
This is not only about awarding the industry for ethics but also as before I feel we need to grow to help us to champion the ethical cause.
Some thoughts, I'm sure we all have knowledge of the Gideon Bible?
How about Bushdrums drink coasters,Bushdrums book matches?
Not sure of costs but when I was running my own business I had inexpensive promotional plastic paper clips, that went with all mail to my customers fifteen years later a few of these clips are still in use, OK stuck away in files but still advertising my old business.
I'm not saying we go to the expense of all lodges but the ones we feel reach our standards. A sticker on the wall or window can be missed or overlooked, but sit & have a drink & there's a good chance in a lull in the conservation you'll pick up the coaster & read it!
The expense of this may be way to high, just thoughts. How about a hand out like a business cards we could give to fellow tourists, I would think the people we meet are of the same ethical mind as we, if not we could, perhaps, convert them to ethical tourism.

Now I have a headache too much thinking for me!

You are here Bush-Talk Forum Conservation Wildlife Protection Bushdrums.com - Prize