Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
New series on the evils of hunting

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum General Information Wildlife Topics New series on the evils of hunting

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

New series on the evils of hunting

Link to this post 20 May 11

Hi guys
I have just begun a new series on the evils of hunting on Technorati. Check it out if interested.

<a href='http://technorati.com/lifestyle/green/article/trophy-hunting-how-american-hunters-are/'>

www.fortheloveofwildlife.com
www.cannedlion.org

Link to this post 20 May 11

Hi Chris:

I beat you to it. I posted your Technorati article under news early this morning!

Re. the American hunters: the US is talking about forbidding trophies from entering the country. I don't know if that has a chance of passing or not but I sure hope so. If those impotent men can't have their trophy on their wall, then perhaps they won't bother going hunting!

What was the result of the demonstration? Did a lot of people who have the
same thinking as you turn up? I hope it was successful.

Link to this post 21 May 11

Well done there Jan
I thought to post a new episode every week or two weeks on Technorati, covering all the hunting arguments.
No the demo in Cape Town on 13th May was hijacked by the ANC's mayoral candidate and three bus loads of COSATU (trade union) supporters. It is local government election time here in SA. The Democratic Alliance led by Helen Zille has just won an outright majority in Cape Town and indeed in the Western Cape province.
But the animal welfare message was lost in the politics.
I have a newspaper report of the demo which is scanned and attached to an email. Not sure how to post it here - shall I email it to you?

So sorry to hear you demonstration was hijacked. Have you set up another date to present it?

I just sent you an email. Please just email me back with the scan and I'll try to share it
with others here.

We are grateful to you for getting the word out on the status of South African wildlife. More people need to hear the true status of what is going on.

Well done and a good read.
As far as sending trophies back to the USA, Europe or the Arab world, they will get through customs even if there is a ban. Those who enjoy the thrill of a hunt will take such risks as well.
What you need is a famous person that gets accidently shot whilst hunting canned lions which will then make big press and maybe people will open their eyes, read and UNDERSTAND!
Sorry to read that your was under shadowed by local politics.

Link to this post 22 May 11

Quite right Cody
And if you read Mathew Scully's excellent book Dominion, you'll see how hunters even get the US taxpayer to pay for their hunting trips to Africa. They call their trophies a 'museum' and then knock off all expenses to tax relief.

You are here Bush-Talk Forum General Information Wildlife Topics New series on the evils of hunting