Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Complaint on Park Fees

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum General Information General Topics Complaint on Park Fees

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Complaint on Park Fees

Link to this post 29 Jan 11

PARK FEES: Saturday Daily Nation - 2-19-11

Though Brussels resident Adrian Kaufman says he recently spent a “lovely time” on holiday in Kenya, he was not very happy about having to pay almost Sh5,000 (60$) to visit the Lake Nakuru National Park. He adds: “My Kenyan companions were only charged Sh300 (16 times less). I wonder if I saw any different wildlife from the residents … Maybe, Kenyans should now also be charged more for museum visits in Europe than the locals. In the meantime, I am advising my friends not to visit Kenya Wildlife Service parks.” His email is kaufmanadrian@gmail.com

http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Cutting%20Edge/The%20Cutting%20Edge%20/-/440802/1097866/-/q0577y/-/

Link to this post 30 Jan 11

Adrian Kaufman - his comments can be expanded further as there are 3 categories;

Foreign tourists - (everything is attempted to "rip" the off") - pay more for everything from park entrance fee, museums, restaurants (not all but have come across this), shops and hotels.

Foriegn residents - pay in between

Local residence - pay less then all others. In aw small way I can understand this but when you are there you really have the feeling that everything is done to try and rip you off and get your cash!! It is becoming a little out of control....... I agree with Adrian Kaufman!

If I would charge the International Tourists that come and stay in my business more - it will last 1 season and I will shut down.

Link to this post 30 Jan 11

Cody: I too agree with Mr. Kaufman and have just sent him an email.

As you stated, not only are the parks fees about 1/4 of what we foreigners pay, but their lodge/camp rates are also. They sleep in the same beds, eat the same food, ride in the same Landcruisers and see the same wildlife. In addition to that, many of the locals I have seen and met are far wealthier than I, yet they get a huge discount. Not fair. Only in Africa do you see this double pricing.

I understand the concept because many Africans could never afford to pay what we tourists do and would never get to the parks and start appreciating their wildlife. Also, in low season when there aren't many international tourists, it keeps the lodges/camps full.

However, there has to be a better way to do this without making the international tourists feel they are truly being ripped off.

You are here Bush-Talk Forum General Information General Topics Complaint on Park Fees