Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Self Drive

Bushdrums.com

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Self Drive

Link to this post 18 Apr 10

My planned trip to Zambia this year has come in above my budget, so I'm making a plan for either a trip to Asia, India for Tiger or Borneo? for Gibbon.

Or

Back to self drive this time in Botswana in the Moremi Savuti Khwai area. possibly up into Chobe & Kasane for supplies.
I have sourced a vehicle & yippeee! No roof tent!

I just need now to try & book the camp sites!

Will add to this post as we procede further.

Link to this post 18 Apr 10

You are brave. I would end up on a tv show if i tried a self drive trip in another country

Link to this post 21 Apr 10

Hey Kipper, sounds like a great trip ! Which car hire agent do you use?

Link to this post 21 Apr 10

Okay - this is Kipper at his best... I think this will be fun to read how the progress goes, what he rents, equipment of which 60% will be of cameras and fiming gear, the amount of cloths he will take etc.

Lets have a journal and make the Bushdrums Safari Journal out of it....
Simba - what do you think?

Lets call it the Kipper Safari Journal - ?

Best are on - my guess is that Kipper will have 2 showers of 1 litre per shower in a 10 day trip...?

Link to this post 29 Apr 10

At last!
We have a plan!

2 nights North Gate
3 nights Linyanti
2 nights ????? (Unable to get camping permits for these 2 nights....... Special cunnning plan here)
4 nights Khwai Concession.

Not bad, me thinks, for so late in the season to make bookings!

North Gate is pure luxury!! Last time there the new abolution blocks were being built!

Linyanti! Huh the usual old block/ shed?.... Unless a new unit has been built but 2 years back no signs of this where as all the other camp sites the new blocks were nearly finished.

Khwai Hmmmmmm! The jewel in the crown. No ameneties what so ever!

No water!
No shower!
no toilet!
Jan our 4x4 has two spare seats?

I'm so glad other self drivers just pass through on their way to Savuti!

Link to this post 29 Apr 10

Kipper: You didn't say when you were going, but I'm sure whenever it is I'll be occupied and won't be able to accept you gracious invitation.

Ablution blocks?? If I were with you they would be found with mambas in them.

Khwai? Wow! You'd best take some RESTOP with you so if you or Lady Kipper need to get up during the
night you won't have to leave the tent and chance the bush with a lion creeping up behind you.

Glad your plans are coming together and that you have something to be excited about. Will you get to
see Benson at any point during your trip, even if just to visit?