Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
safari

Bushdrums.com

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

safari

Link to this post 07 Apr 10

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows a good safari company that could plan me a trip to botswana and namibia. I am thinking about going in january next year. I have 16 days I could split between the two countries. thanks

Any more information Joyce, what you would like to see, areas you want to cover luxury or budget?

I would assume you would start in Windhoek for the desert & the coast would you want to travel overland or fly into Maun or Kasani I'm not sure that the two countries run well together for a 16 day trip, you could be doing a lot of travelling with little to see.
Botswana has so much to offer a good round trip would be start at Maun - Okavango - Moremi - Chobe to Kasane back down the old cattle trails to Nxai Pan Makgadikgadi Pan Central Kalahari & back into Maun for your flight out.

If starting in Winhoek to do the Namid & Coast to travel up to Kasane you would probably be better to cross into Zim or Zambia for a flight out from Vic Falls.

This would not leave much time at each point of interest & a couple of days at each area is a must.

Hi Kipper thanks for the info. I don't need luxury as long as i have clean food and a place to shower i am ok. I would like to see vic. falls. I wanted to visit the himbia people in namibia Not sure if i spelled the name of them right. I hear to get to them it takes a little travelling. So you think botswana and zambia would go better together?

I just worry about the distance you will travel as well as flight costs. I always try to use the same route for return it is cheaper than flying out a different route.

I'm unsure about lodges on the Namibian finger on the north of the river as I know the area is big in cattle, a number of the herds cross the river into Namibia during the day for safety with the cattle then back into Botswana at night onto the clear ground.

(Just checked there are NP's, Mudumu & Mamilli, in that finger so must be lodges as well.)

As you want to visit the Himba I think I would look around what else you could find in Namibia for say a total of 5-6 days Then into the Okavango, Moremi, Chobe for the reast of your time, visit the falls on the Livingstone side.

That way you would fly into Windhoek & catch a one way flight from Livingstone back to Windhoek to fly out. If no Livingstone flight there is one from Vic Falls Zimbabwe you could then visit the Falls on the Zim side..

We really could do with a better knowledge than mine to help you.

Hey Joyce,

the Himba tribesmen live in the very remote Kaokoland, in the very far northeast of Namibia. It's quite far away from Vic Falls and will take you days to get there from Windhoek unless you fly.

I visited Mudumu NP in July 2008, a beautiful area that you pass when driving from Windhoek to the Falls through Caprivi stripe. Elephant country definitely. I saw hundreds of them who migrate there from Botswana and Zambia!!! Few other vehicles if any at all. Although you probably might not see any other big game as the area was badly poached in the past.

I'd rather combine the Botswanan or Zambian parks with Vic Falls or fly the distance between your Namibian sights (I'd really recommend the Namib desert!) and Vic Falls...

Anyway sounds like a great trip !

thanks tobi and kipper for you info. I will get busy planning when i get back from my tanzania and uganda trip. 45 more days to go. take care