Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
São Tomé and Príncipe Sustainable Tourism Project

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum Show my Watches Forums Conservation Introduction São Tomé and Príncipe Sustainable Tourism Project

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

São Tomé and Príncipe Sustainable Tourism Project

Link to this post 30 Sep 10

Dear reader,

first I'll give you a short introduction. I am Thomas, a dutch guy and eighteen years old. I will have a very exciting future, because I am going to work on the beautiful island Príncipe. It's a wonderful paradise in the Atlantic Ocean and it was previously known as one of the top cocoa producers in the world. I am going to work on such a cocoa plantation. The plantation has fallen into disrepair and it's particularly my job to manage the revival of the plantation, so it will produce cocoa again. There are many reasons for this revival. First of all and the most important, it will create jobs for the locals, so they can earn money. The plantation will also function as an attraction for tourists from the renovated plantation houses nearby. Those houses were built by the Portugese colonialists and will be rehabilitated, so they can function as a hotel. This will create jobs in the ecotourism sector. Moreover this plantation should produce sustainable cocoa, which will be sold to certified companies. I will post my pictures, stories and activities on this beautiful site and hopefully you will enjoy it. I'm learning Portugese and take some precautions in Holland till the sixteenth of October. Then I will fly to São Tomé via Lisbon and catch my flight to Príncipe. When I'm in Príncipe I'll report as much as possible! Hopefully you all will read my reports! Obrigado! Thank you!
- Edited by Thomas on 01.10.2010, 13:59 -
- Edited by Thomas on 04.10.2010, 09:39 -

Link to this post 30 Sep 10

Allow me to point out the article to new visitors that may not have read about the project: [URL=http://www.bushdrums.com/news/index.php?shownews=3322]São Tomé and Príncipe[/URL]

Thomas, sounds wonderful, cant wait to read more on this project!!

Link to this post 04 Oct 10

I totally agree and I am sure this will be a very interesting talked about project in the near future.

Link to this post 31 Oct 10

Dear reader,

as you might know Michelle and I, both eighteen years old, are going to lead some specials projects on Príncipe. We are working for the company Africa’s Eden and they made the Príncipe Development Plan. This plan includes creation of jobs, conservation of the nature and education for the locals.
Almost two weeks ago we arrived on São Tomé, once a country with huge rainforests, but now very dry because it hasn’t rained for months. We were invited by an ambassador, because he wanted us to participate as volunteers in his new project. His plan is to set up a special house for students and sick people, who doesn’t have the money to buy a house. But we do actually have our own projects on the wonderful island Príncipe, a small virgin country with high mountains and extraordinary bushes. This is the place where we will stay for about seven months to start up a school, cocoa plantation and a whole new village. As teenagers a pretty tuff job, but very challenging and useful too. First we will take care about Belo Monte, an old and big plantation house, which will be renovated by architects, who are specialized in historic buildings.
There are living some people in those old houses at the moment, who don’t have access to electricity and water. Belo Monte should function as an ecologically responsible hotel in the near future. Before the architects can start this gigantic job, the villagers have to move out to another place.
We will build a new, small village for them with a primary school, water, electricity and good sanitation.
We have contacted with an important minister since we are here and he helped us a lot. He took us after our first meeting, where we had explained our plans, to Belo Monte to discuss with the locals about their new village. They were overwhelmed and agreed with us totally. Both parties will gain of it and it was wonderful to convince the people about the new location, because they loved their old houses and it is hard to leave. Now, the adults are able to work, while their children are learning English and other important courses at school. Everybody is happy.
Making a sketch is our most recent job. When we are beginning with the building of the new village, which will start very soon, we will certainly post our new stories and activities.

Kind regards from Africa,

Thomas
- Edited by Thomas on 01.11.2010, 10:53 -
- Edited by Thomas on 01.11.2010, 10:58 -
- Edited by Thomas on 05.11.2010, 12:22 -

Link to this post 31 Oct 10

Thank you Thomas for your update, good positive news is always welcome.

Link to this post 03 Nov 10

Thanks for the updates and hope all is well. Enjoy your wonderful time on the island!

You are here Bush-Talk Forum Show my Watches Forums Conservation Introduction São Tomé and Príncipe Sustainable Tourism Project