International flights to Kenya from within Africa:
Kenya Airways have flights (incl. codeshare) to Nairobi from Abidjan, Accra, Addis Ababa, Bamako (from July 2005), Blantyre, Bujumbura, Cairo, Cape Town, Dakar (from July 2005), Dar es Salaam, Djibouti, Douala, Entebbe, Freetown (from Nov. 2005), Harare, Johannesburg, Khartoum, Kigali, Kilimanjaro, Kinshasa, Lagos, Lilongwe, Lubumbashi, Lusaka, Maputo (from Aug. 2005), Seychelles, Yaounde and Zanzibar. They also have a flight from Johannesburg to Mombasa. Kenya Airways co-operates with KLM.
Other flights to Nairobi:
- Air Kenya Aviation from Kilimanjaro
- Ethiopian Airlines from Addis Ababa and Entebbe
- Precisionair from Dar es Salaam, Kilimanjaro, Mwanza and Zanzibar. (Co-operation with Kenya Airways)
- Uganda airways from Entebbe
- Daallo Airlines from Hargeisa and Mogadishu
- South African Airways/Delta Airlines from Johannesburg
- Air Madagascar from Antananarivo
- Air Mauritius from Mauritius
- Egyptair from Cairo
- Air Malawi from Blantyre and Lilongwe (co-operation with Kenya Airways)
- Air Zimbabwe from Harare
- Rwandair Express from Kigali (co-operation with Kenya Airways)
- Bristish Airways from Asmara, Djibouti, Harare, Johannesburg, Khartoum, Lilongwe and Lusaka
- Precisionair from Dar es Salaam, Kilimanjaro and Zanzibar (co-operation with Kenya Airways)
Flights from outside Africa to Nairobi:
- Kenya Airways from Amsterdam, Bangkok, Dubai, Hongkong, London and Mumbai (co-operation with KLM)
- Emirates from Dubai
- Air India from Bombay
- British Airways from London
- Brussels Airlines from Brussels
- Corsair from Paris
- KLM from Amsterdam
- Swiss from Zürich
- Corsair from Paris
- L.T.U. International from München
- Condor Flugdienst from Frankfurt
- Tanzania: There are buses to Nairobi from Dar es Salaam and Arusha, to Mombasa from Dar es Salaam and to Voi from Moshi.
- Uganda: Buses from Kampala.
- Ethiopia: Connection is possible at Moyale but security is poor on the Kenyan side.
- Overland travel from Sudan or Somalia should not be attempted.
Contributor of this article: ingvar from www.world66.com - April 23, 2005