Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Trip report questions

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum General Information General Topics Trip report questions

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Trip report questions

Link to this post 26 May 08

Too funny you two. I found the G&T's worked great for a lot of things, including my bad back. So much so that I've instituted the practice of City Sundowners here in San Diego. I do find that I run out of the "G" much faster than the "T" - but then again I learned to pour in Mexico where the booze used to be cheaper than the mixer.

I'm trying to get the pictures out of the camera and up on a photosite for sharing with the trip report and then will submit for (hopefully) posting approval.

Link to this post 27 May 08

Looks like we all have our hidden secrets - I was talking last night to one of my clients (from California) who is a good sailor and traveller; he will only travel if guaranteed ice, lemon, tonic and his weakness in Tanquery...!!

I wonder if the pictures that VeeR is trying to get are from chilled sundowners or animals in Africa - to be continued.....

Link to this post 29 May 08

Just in case some of you don't know: G&T does have an effect as a precaution against malaria but it is the Quinine in the Tonic water, not the Gin that helps

The same applies to Bitter-lemon.

So Kipper, you do well when running out of T earlier than G.

Vee, I will publish your trip report as soon as possible - promised!

Carsten - do not let the cat out of the bag - Kipper runs out of T - only becuasee he pours it behind some bush when the Mrs is not looking and tops up with the G.

Ahaa! The British are a nation of "T" drinkers! Don't you know?

Just so you don't think I'm over here sipping and grinning I did get the photos from the video camera up on photobucket...here's the link - http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r153/travelinV/?

On the left side of the page is a little directory - click on Botswana 2008 and then there's a listing for each of the camps. The really good photos will come later when I can get them from my husband's camera and go through all 2000. Also, will have video on the photobucket site...maybe in this lifetime.

You are here Bush-Talk Forum General Information General Topics Trip report questions