Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Trip report questions

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum General Information General Topics Trip report questions

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Trip report questions

Link to this post 29 May 08

Excellent VeeR, what vehicle were you in? The modern Toyota I have reserved for September I feel may not be suitable for game drives & I'd be better with a Land Rover.

Hey Nico!.....Decisions! Decisions!

Kipper -

At Duba Plains we used two vehicles. The newer vehicle didn't have a canopy and I was frying on the afternoon drives, so we used it for our private drives in the mornings and shared with a great couple in the afternoons. Our first evening drive was private, in the newer vehicle which sat lower than the older ones - I had a problem with the watercrossings in the dark as the vehicle was awash and I never felt so utterly alone.(read that - in a total panic) No problem the next evening in the higher vehicle and more people around. Both vehicles were Land Rovers.

we have had a similar discussion before.

View [URL=http://www.bushdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?id=185]Landrover or Landcruiser[/URL]

It's the Toyota Hilux from Britz, Landcruiser would be fine but the new double cab Hilux seems to have very small windows, tried one a couple of weeks back.

Link to this post 30 May 08

Thanks for that VeeR - I had trouble down loading them but managed to view them.
2000 photos to go through - that is a lot; looks like he spent more time looking through the camera hole than the window of the car.

Land cruisers are great cars - and perhaps the best to use in Africa as spares are cheaper and eaier to find. The good old Japanes... however I am still very much attahced to the classic Land Rover; great for massaging kidneys and crushing them but they are Numero Uno - I hope now that they are owned by an Indian company; the classical LR image will not change.

Forget the windows Kipper - you should be sitting on the bonet like to good old days with John Wayne and Harry Kruger in the 1960's film Hatari - filmed in Tanzania.

Any of you ever see that film?

Link to this post 30 May 08

Landrover owned by an indian company??

As far as I know Rover was bought by BMW

You are here Bush-Talk Forum General Information General Topics Trip report questions