Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Trip report questions

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum General Information General Topics Trip report questions

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Trip report questions

Link to this post 24 May 08

Hello everyone - back from Botswana and have part one of my trip report done. I'm working on doing it in two or three parts - so far I have the game drives/sightings done and its five pages. Too long for posting? I can break it up between the three camps - might make it a little less cumbersome. Any advice?

I thought I would do a separate report on the People portion of our People and Predators tour, and maybe an accomodation - included in that report, or separate if anyone is interested.

Welcome home VeeR,
I believe splitting your report up would be good, I think it is better to use natural breaks from area to area as you go through the trip it could become disjointed if you swap around too much.
Perhaps it's me but I bulk at long reports.

I agree with Kipper -

To have it brocken down makes it easier to read as well and one can relate to that specific topic.
How was the trip in general? The locals great? I have never been to Botswana and out of the African countries I hear very good reports and feed back from the place.
How are the national parks and care in general?

Welcome back.

Thanks for the feedback. One of the reasons I did just game drives and sightings was to keep it short - HAH! People and Places will probably just end up in my scrapbook. The people were great - from my friends at Children in the Wilderness to folks being friendly on the street - and the camp staff - wow as always spectacular.

The Okavango Delta is rising daily with the annual floods, there was a lot of standing water left from the very wet winter the Delta had, but so far they don't expect any unusually high floods. A few islands and viewing sites will be cut off by the waters in the very near future. I work on splitting the report being camps and posting later.

Link to this post 26 May 08

Lots of standing water - high risk for maleria... have not had my dose for several years now of Malaria.
Maybe the odd Gin & Tonic in the bush does work after all.
Perhaps Kipper can expand on that - could be his bush fix as well??

Link to this post 26 May 08

Original von Nico
Lots of standing water - high risk for maleria... have not had my dose for several years now of Malaria.
Maybe the odd Gin & Tonic in the bush does work after all.
Perhaps Kipper can expand on that - could be his bush fix as well??

Ahhhhh!......Hmmmmmm! G&T!.......Damn!....I normally run out of the "T" after the first day! Only "G" for the rest of the trip! Wow!

You are here Bush-Talk Forum General Information General Topics Trip report questions