Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Travel illness may not always be exotic!!

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum General Information Health Matters Travel illness may not always be exotic!!

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Travel illness may not always be exotic!!

Link to this post 11 Aug 11

I have recently returned from a family reunion in Thailand where I managed to spend a few days in the rain forests tracking & filming Gibbons.
For the past 16 days I have been extremely ill & have had a multitude of tests for malaria & other parasites.

It seems that I am diabetic which has been caused by drinking to many cocktails taking my blood sugars way out of control.

So as a warning to all if like me you seldom drink, the excess of fruit juices & sweet mixers could take your blood sugars over the limits & because of your recent trip any simple everyday illness could be overlooked as they search for some other exotic sickness.

I hope this makes sense as I am still not well & my mind struggles some what.

Link to this post 11 Aug 11

Hi Kipper,

I have been wondering where you are but wasn't really sure when you would return from your trip so I kept quiet.

Sorry to hear about your mysterious diabetes, indeed it sounds strange at the first thought. Nevertheless the amount of sugar in fruit juices is not to be ignored, so it may well be an explanation. I hope that by cutting down the juice, you will also get rid of the problem in general!?!?

Wish you a speedy recovery and next time - drink pure alcohol ;)

Link to this post 19 Aug 11

Dear Kipper:

So sorry to hear that you are having medical problems following your trip. I know how frustrating
it can be not knowing what is going on. My wish for you is that your illness and diabetes will quickly come under control and you will soon be feeling much better.

I too had some minor problems this time - just tummy problems. Then today on the plane from Amsterdam to the US I started sneezing like crazy 15 - 20 times in a row and then my left eye started watering and the left side of my nose started running. I am guessing that it was either
caused by the fact that for the past two weeks I have been out of doors and in a tent with nothing but clean air and then got in an air conditioned plane or I'm coming down with a cold.

Hope you'll soon be feeling much better.

Link to this post 21 Aug 11

That is not good news - and disturbed to read this knowing that you, like me are not a drinker at all.
I must sincerely hope that the situation ends there and that there are no other hidden factors.

I have just come back from an incredible trip to Kenya - Iten with runners and for filming.
The 1st place I have come across where there is really no communication unless you look for the 1 hotel and connect there.

Simba sent me to the house of a National Geographic as well as BBC film maker for wildlife - what a house.... thinking of moving in there

Kipper get well soon and may this not stop you travelling.

You are here Bush-Talk Forum General Information Health Matters Travel illness may not always be exotic!!