Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Species co-existing peacefully

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum General Information Books East Africa Species co-existing peacefully

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Species co-existing peacefully

Link to this post 28 Apr 11

I had made a comment on another post "I think most of us know that most species will live peacefully together (except for perhaps the carnivores) and it is always wonderful seeing it happen."

Kat just sent me a picture which is the perfect example of this. I'm trying to attach it
so all could see it. Hope it works. Kat stated "I saw your statement in BD about animals being able to get along with each other....I will try to attach a picture taken last year at one of the Amboseli hyena dens. About half a dozen spotted-hyenas were walking with two huge male warthogs. I couldn't believe my eyes!

Amazing.... carnivores and herbivores strolling through the landscape together completely peaceably and relaxed.

Both of them have lions as their most feared adversary....so they have an alliance through a shared enemy.

The adult hyenas hunt at night and the warthogs protect the hyena youngsters from lions until dawn with their enormous strength and deadly tusks."

Thanks Kat for the photo and information.

Sorry folks. I tried uploading the photo twice, both with regular size and as a zipped picture but it didn't work. Will forward it to Simba and see if he has any way to attach it to the above note.

here you are... (click image to download it)

1. jpg

Asante sana Simba. Much appreciated.

Link to this post 02 May 11

At least he does something good.... Simba that is!

Link to this post 02 May 11

Simba has had to put up with a lot of my nagging, questions and wish lists since it was decided to go to the new website format. I don't know what I would have done without him A huge thank you Simba! (And don't let Cody get to you)

You are here Bush-Talk Forum General Information Books East Africa Species co-existing peacefully