Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Where are you?

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum General Information Internal Where are you?

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Where are you?

Link to this post 05 Dec 10

Where are all the posts?

Why is Bushdrums a member rich site but oh so lacking in posts?
This is or Was? a great site with warm friendships & friendly disagreements.
Now it is a waste land.
Dead & void of interest!

WHY?

The main posters here are all busy elsewhere for the moment but surely there is more to this site than that?

And why post anyway when nobody, except one or two, shows any response or interest.

I have made some great friends here & would lovr to make many more or do we just call it a day & go our seperate ways?

What is your opinion!.... Forget it or make it a worthwhile site?

Link to this post 05 Dec 10

Hi Kipper,
I don\'t post here as I am tied up on other forums although I have checked in periodically. I always have trouble logging in, hence I am now twaffle2 as I could not get my original log in to work.

The reason I am taking this trouble is that I know that Irma is a big supporter here and I have just heard the news on Fodors that she died on route from Australia to Germany a short time ago. This is one of her favourite places so I wondered if you knew.

This is from one of her friends/clients.

during a stopover in Abu Dhabi´s transit Irma fell into coma and, without any chance to survive, died of her cerebral hemorrhage 2 days later in the hospital on Sunday, 28.November.

I feel unaccountably sad.

Link to this post 06 Dec 10

Oh very very sad news, I was in regular contact with her till lately & thought she was away on business.
We regularly discussed by email the happenings of this world.
She will be sadly missed.
I will inform others of our loss, she was known to some as Spass vogel on other sites.
I will also make a post to FB as many of her internet friends also post to my wall.
You & I know each other from other sites, I post under different names for different sites.

Sad news & thanks for taking the time to inform us.

Yes Kipper, let others know as she was widely respected, if a little controversial at times. But passionate always. And yes, I know you from other sites.

BTW, as far as your opening OP, I think many places are very quiet and I like to think that everyone is either away on safari or getting ready for Christmas.

Hello Kipper,

I also recognize the lack of posts in this forum. In fact I am very busy at the moment - both (mainly) with work and preparing the one year trip to Africa starting in August 2011. We've recently bought a car...

I can only wish that our posting friends will join us again soon!

What about Cody and Simba, Jan (!!!)? Sorry to hear this with Irma!!!

Link to this post 08 Dec 10

Hello Everyone,

Unfortunately, a lot of our most active members have been - and still are - going through a hard time.

I don't want to post details about our members because I don't know if they want them to be published, so we simply need to be patient until they are back.

I knew Irma personally and her passing away struck me like a lightning. Simply expressing my condolences on Bushdrums is not sufficient for me and I am working on something of bigger magnitude as I believe she deserves it. I hope I can provide more details soon.

I am also working on a total remake of Bushdrums, which has taken up a lot of my time. As twaffle says, there are various hick-ups and the website has reached such a size that it desperately needs re-structuring.

I am trying hard, but I don't expect the new version to be ready until end of January.

Surely I will keep you informed...