Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Rhino behind the Bar ( The one not to miss!)

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum General Information Movies/Videos of East Africa Rhino behind the Bar ( The one not to miss!)

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Rhino behind the Bar ( The one not to miss!)

Link to this post 19 Jun 10

I think you\'ll love this one guys.

Special!

I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Very little editing just a one off moment!

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAnRd3e9kNo]Rhino Behind the Bar[/URL]

Mvura was bred in captivity as part of the reintroduction of Black Rhino into Matusadona NP in Zimbabwe. She mated with a wild male & now is the mum of a wild calf. Murume named by the girls of Chisipite Junior. School, Harare.
Because of her captive breeding she often calls in at Rhino Safari Camp on the shores of Lake Kariba. Every time I have stayed here she has shown up, normally waking us in the middle of night as she chomps away at the scrub.
The time this was filmed we had set out on foot to track Mvura my wife had declined the extra early morning call but as she came down the steps from our thatched stilted room she had to do a quick about turn for Mvura was at the bottom step! I
This year from waking us at 2 am she had travelled many kilometres in a few hours, Benson picking up her spore each time we crossed it by Land Rover. Finally we found her far to the East in thick bush. We wonder if she is now preparing to mate again & is preparing Murume for his solitary life.

Jenny & her Guys at Rhino Safari Camp have a special relationship with her & keep me up to date on her life & visits.

If you want the best safari camp in Africa this is it! (Lord & Lady Kippers ***** rating)

Link to this post 20 Jun 10

Great, Kipper!!! Really makes me think to include Matusadona and Rhino Safari Camp in my forthcoming Zimbabwe trip...

By the way: Your lion video (Boys at the waterhole) can't be watched any more on Youtube !!!

I think that's a regional thing because I infringe copyright with the music. Still OK here in the UK.
I have it planned to redo with non copyright music & a little shorter.

The copyright issues are really annoying.
I make no money from my video's just my little hobby & enjoyment.
I know a number of artists who have sold more albums & gained more fans from my highlighting their music with my videos, Bushdrum members will attest to that.

I finally decided to use the themes from "Out of Africa" & "Zulu" As they fitted the mood of the video so well.
I only have one other video that infringes music copyright, the customised Minibuses of Padang Sumatra. I know that can not be viewed in all countries! Crazy!

For my wife & I, Rhino Safari Camp is just the tops! Our favorite camp by a long shot! So much so that we are planning a full two week stay and not just for the wild life!

Great video Kipper. She sure didn't seem at all concerned about her calf though. Wonder if it was due to her weaning it before having another, or if she just didn't want the calf to get any treats and wanted them all to herself.

You are here Bush-Talk Forum General Information Movies/Videos of East Africa Rhino behind the Bar ( The one not to miss!)