Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Kibale Chimps

Bushdrums.com

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Kibale Chimps

Link to this post 16 Jun 10

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1hE5rz1_Jo]Kibale forest Chimps[/URL]

Lady Kipper prefers this to the Kyambura video..... I must admit there\'s a lot more going on.

Couple of thoughts Kipper. Excellent footage and editing.

However, I would have to wear ear plugs if I ever went to see them. The noise was horrendous.
Where you were standing nearby, did it bother you or does the microphone pick up the sound
more than you noticed on site?

I can't ever remember being troubled by the noise, a few thoughts on that Jan.
Being so busy videoing & trying to locate each Chimp I may not have noticed the noise also Having spent most of my working life repairing heavy diesel engined earth moving equipment I have lost part of my hearing range.
The cams microphones are also very sensitive.

Link to this post 17 Jun 10

I don't think I've lost any hearing. However, I do have sensitive hearing for some sounds. For instance when watching a parade, if a few fire trucks, police cars and ambulances go by with sirens going I get very light headed and almost pass out. I mentioned it to a doctor and he wondered if I'd ever had seizures, but I haven't. Just a freaky thing that has happened a few times. Perhaps that is why I was sensitive to
whatever decibel the chimps were howling at.

Link to this post 18 Jun 10

Wonderful noise!!! Would be great if someone could translate it to us !!!

Link to this post 18 Jun 10

One day perhaps!
But it would be gibberish!
Nearly all the clips used had calls on audio but I've edited some human sounds out with a touch of mix & match!