Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Insurance policies

Bushdrums.com

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Insurance policies

Link to this post 14 Apr 10

Do any of you take out a brief insurance policy (like for 4 weeks bush travel) for your travels to Africa that covers health, medical services, lost luggage, attack by Kipper or something similar?
If so which ones and with who?

I have never done this is the past however now that I am a little wiser, married with 2 kids....

Pippa, Joyce, Jan, Kipper - Toby any ideas who you use - if any?

Yes I take out a policy with travel guard which includes medical. This time I also joined the Flying doctors and have a number to call if needed. they work the tanzania, kenya and uganda areas so if you needed to be taken out of an area to get to to a larger hospital. the policy costs are based on the price of your trip. i pay 700.00 to 800.00 for mine. But one thing they don't cover is an attack by Kipper sorry. ha ha

Cody: I'm not sure if it will work for you since your not in the US, but I've gone to Itraveinsured.com and also insuremytrip.com. They give listings of all the travel insurance companies - different prices for different coverage. This at least gives you a good place to start.

I've used CSA, Travel Guard and Global in the past. Luckily all went well on the trip and I didn't have anything to submit.

Probably the most important thing is relocating you out by air and back to your own country if you are severely injured or ill.

Link to this post 15 Apr 10

The key is to really know your insurance plan. Ours covers repatriation to the US. However, I have taken out the Flying Doctors for our upcoming trip--per Cody's advice.

The insurance is normally part of a selfdrive package but self drive vehicle insurance should be checked as you only get what you pay for.

And Jane you need insurance for Italy

Many Rabid dogs!!!!

We saw one, foaming at the mouth!

No hair... We suspect Mange??

Luckily it was unable to chase us due to an injury & we got away!

I do believe his wonderful owner had total control so perhaps we were safe!

He obeyed her every command!

Just a shame about the rabies as he was the sire of two just perfect adorable puppies!

Joyce - I have looked into all kind of insurance cover however I cannot find any cover that protects against Kipper. The only note that comes up as a red flap is - ERROR in request - please look under Stray Jacket or seak professional and medical advice....

I wonder which country you were in Kipper - where you were lucky you did not get chased??? Must have been some strange place!

Joyce - the flying doctors; are they the local flying doctors in Kenya you are refering to?

I will set up a list of various insurance companies and websites and place it on getting around - the main menu for future references.
Therefore any recommended insurances and you have their websites I will place on bushdrums.com
Thanks Jan for yours.