Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
Ideas on how to collect money for charity

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum Conservation Founding an ORG Ideas on how to collect money for charity

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 129

Warning: Illegal string offset 'active' in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/html/pagination.php on line 135

Ideas on how to collect money for charity

Link to this post 16 Oct 09

Please post any ideas on how to collect money for charity here.

It doesn't matter if it is your own idea or if you came across another ORG doing so. Just state who and how if it is not your own idea.

Link to this post 22 Oct 09

The most convenient way I've found of donating to wildlife conservation is through Wildlife Direct. As you proably know, many researchers and conservationists have joined Wildlife Direct and have blogs there. WD has a PayPal account. Thus if I want to donate to EwasoLions I just click donate on EwasoLions blog page on WD, the money goes to WD through PayPal and they distribute it to EwasoLions bank account. It is a very simple way for people all over the world to donate with their credit cards to their favorite research/
conservation bloggers. WD has done a super job setting this up.

Link to this post 23 Oct 09

Sure, providing people with the option to donate online makes it easier to donate. However, my intention behind the question was much more about how you get people to donate, not the actual method they use to transfer the money. WD does so by getting people from the field to provide continuous updates but they also do a large amount of marketing to get people aware of their existence in general and the individual projects they follow up on.

There are plenty of other options like auctions, festivals, concerts, marathons, ...

Link to this post 23 Oct 09

Simba
You know how much Campi ya kanzi makes (and their causes are not too convincing - at least on my side) and how huge their marketing effort is.

I think the best way to convince people is having a really good cause and doping updates regularly. Regularly means not every Quarter but rather monthly. AND having professionals in the field to support and accompany or better lead that cause.

Link to this post 24 Oct 09

I agree with Pippa, regular updates let people see what is happening, where the money goes, what it does.
Look what the Sheldrick trust is able to achieve through news letters & the like.
Here in the UK donors are very careful on who they donate to we hear far to often of only 5 -10% of donations actually being used the rest is lost in administration.
I will not donate through a third party, just another hungry mouth to feed from my donation!
With so many ways to transfere money these days it should be simple to get the money to the point of interest in the field.
As you know I have a keen interest in helping Zimbabwe wildlife....
BUT
Because of drains from that money I refuse to donate & only take a cash donation when I visit.
Yet it would be so simple for them to set a proper fund where the bulk of the money ends up where it was needed.
However I have been informed of an exciting development from a new source in Zim.

Link to this post 14 Nov 09

Simba: Someone here that has a collection of wildlife art has offered to donate them to us if we have an auction, the proceeds of which would go to WLCI-USA. Once all the paper work of incorporation and the tax exempt status is achieved, I'll have to work on finding a venue in which to highlight the art and have a gathering where bids could be placed. It sounds like a great way to raise funds.

Since WLCI is most involved with wildlife and has also donated equipment for a medical clinic and two dental clinics, I hope to be able to contact veterinarians, doctors and dentists in my state making them aware of the work WLCI is doing. Hopefully in addition to bringing in donations, some of them may wish to volunteer in the clinics during their holidays.

You are here Bush-Talk Forum Conservation Founding an ORG Ideas on how to collect money for charity