Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::set() should be compatible with KObject::set($property, $value = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Declaration of KHttpUri::get() should be compatible with KObject::get($property = NULL, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php on line 454

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheStorage::get() should be compatible with JObject::get($property, $default = NULL) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/cache/storage.php on line 173

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/loader.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/http/uri.php:454) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/templates/ja_purity_ii/libs/ja.template.helper.php on line 130
About the Conservation - Protection Area of Bush-Talk.

Bushdrums.com

You are here: Bush-Talk Forum Conservation Introduction About the Conservation - Protection Area of Bush-Talk.

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaHelperDefault::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/helpers/default.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Declaration of KControllerAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/controller/abstract.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Declaration of KViewTemplate::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/view/template.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Declaration of KModelAbstract::__call() should be compatible with KObject::__call($method, array $arguments) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/libraries/koowa/model/abstract.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninja/models/settings.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() should be compatible with ComNinjaDatabaseTableSettings::_getDefaultsFromXML() in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/settings.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardDatabaseTableAssets::insert() should be compatible with KDatabaseTableAbstract::insert(KDatabaseRowInterface $row) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/administrator/components/com_ninjaboard/databases/tables/assets.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Declaration of ComNinjaboardTemplateHelperPaginator::pagination() should be compatible with ComNinjaHelperPaginator::pagination($config = Array) in /www/htdocs/w006b358/components/com_ninjaboard/templates/helpers/paginator.php on line 13

About the Conservation - Protection Area of Bush-Talk.

Link to this post 13 Oct 09

Hi There
My name is Steve Peach[URL=http://www.queenelizabethparks.org]The Queen Elizabeth Parks Twinning Project[/URL] and I am the Project Leader for the Queen Elizabeth Parks Twinning Project.
I have also been a Ranger in the UK for over 25 years and through my links with the International Ranger Federation, I have been blessed with opportunity of meeting and working with Ranger colleagues from around the world.

My reason for posting this is to briefly explain about our Project and seek out your thoughts and views on our approach to improving conservation.

Our Project has a twin track approach to improving conservation management in two Parks which share the Queen Elizabeth name (although one is in England and the other is in Uganda).
The first strand in improving conservation is to share the experience and ideas of Park Staff and Volunteers through a series of exchange visits and learning opportunities.
Staff and volunteers agree to take part in visits to each other\\\'s Parks. The work and live alongside each other so that they not only get an understanding of the issues confronting their twinned Park. They also they get a deeper sense of being involved in the community and gain some cultural understanding as well.

There is often little opportunity for Park Based Staff to undertake development training. Reduced budgets, pressure of work and organisational culture means that field level staff often find it very difficult to access additional training.
So although airfares are very expensive, the impact and therfore the cost effectivness these exchange visits have on the individuals who take part cannot be underestimated, The learning outcomes and cultural experienced gained motivates and empowers people beyond other types of training course. It especially makes sense for all Rangers to get a global as well as a local perspective on a variety conservation issues and agin a sense of their place in the global conservation community.
The second key strand of this Project is involving the local community in the twinning exercise.
Both Parks strongly believe that the key to the future of conservation is partnership with all those who either visit or live with and in our protected areas.
The Twinning Project works with schools and communities as advocates for conservation and the two Queen Elizabeth Parks. It finds ways of engaging with people and providing support. The sense of connection between the two parks AND ITS COMMUNITIES is vital to the success of this Project.
None of this is new of course, but the fact that this is being driven from the Project rather than just the Parks, adds to the sense that this is about the local community and is being done with those communities rather than too those communities.
As a Project we are still learning and developing and I woud welcome your thoughts and comments.l
yours
Steve Peach

Link to this post 13 Oct 09

Hi Steve,

I had a look at your website as well and am impressed by the number of projects you have started to try and help the situation.

You might want to take a look at the [URL=http://www.bushdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?id=422]Rwanda Eco Tours Conservation Projects[/URL].

They have conducted a few low cost but very effective projects that might well work for you as well.

Keep us informed

Simba

Link to this post 19 Oct 09

Hi Simba
Thanks for that, I will take the time to have a look at their website as well.
It is good to know and see how much fine work is being undertaken in partnership
with so many local people.
I will keep in touch with the progress of our Project

Best wishes
Steve

You are here Bush-Talk Forum Conservation Introduction About the Conservation - Protection Area of Bush-Talk.